Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

Welcome 2009!
I greet thee with open arms and a wide smile! =)

This year’s new year was special.
I finally got to spend it with Solomon… alone!
So, I got to give him a big bear hug!
Yay!

Actually, we were supposed to be in church for watchnight service.
But we had some logistic problems.
Solomon picked me up from One U after work to go for my mum’s birthday dinner in Klang.
I left Lisa at One U.
Dinner ended at 10pm.
We attempted to go back to One U to pick Lisa up.
Got stuck in the stretch in front of Sunway Pyramid for over and hour.
Turned back to my house instead.
We both needed to take a shower before going to church for the youth’s new year party.
By the time we reached my house, it was already 11.30.
When the clock struck 12, I just stepped out of the bathroom.
We looked at each other and realised that this is the first time we are ushering the new year alone.
And we had missed the enter watchnight service.
We laughed and there came the big-i-can’t-breath-please-let-me-go hug.
Not for long cos we had to rush to church for the party.

BOMB’s new year part started at 12.45am and ended at 4.00am.
It was good.
A great way to kick start our youth and to hype things up.

Reached home at 4.45am.
Joyce ran straight to her bed without changing.
Joshua immediately changed and jumped into bed.
Jeremy went to shower first.
Rebecca didn’t know what to do.
So Rebecca grabbed a novel and read till 6am.
And slept till 1.00pm the next day!
Woo hoo!

I’ve never spent my new year this way before.
Never stayed up till so late.
Actually, I’ve never spent my new year anywhere else but in church.
I’m not complaining.
What better way to welcome the new year than to be in His presence?

Lord, I pray that this year, I would grow more in You. Help me to love You more and to be obedient to Your word. For 2009, I ask that You would change me to be more like Jesus. Help me to be more patient and compassionate. Give me courage to do Your will and the strength to be Your child. Transform my mind Lord and help me to be a real Christian, instead of me trying to be a real Christian. I surrender 2009 to you Lord. I believe that it will be a good year because Your words says that “all things work out for good to those who love the Lord.” Amen!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

No comments:

 
Copyright © Woof-Roof-Poof!