Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflection on 2008

Caution: Long post ahead.

A new year is coming!
In fact, it will be 2009 in 8 ½ hours!
2008 has been a great year.
God has shown himself faithful and gracious throughout the whole year.

2008 is a year of accomplishment and achievement for me.
It was also a year that I learnt the most – academically and non-academically.

I finished my TARC Adv Dip.
I completed my ACCA (a miracle gift by God!)
I obtained a SHU degree.
I visited…

Paris (twice!), Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland), Germany, Austria, Belgium, Amsterdam, Rome, Verona, Pisa, Florence, Venice, Vatican City, Northern Ireland, Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, London (3 times!) and Dubai.

I have a job.
I met up with my high school friends after all these years.
I celebrated 4 years together with Solomon.
I bought lots of shoes and clothes.

I found out that I have the sweetest boyfriend in the whole entire world.
I learnt to cook.. and how to travel without my parents.
I appreciate my parents more now than last year.

I saw how amazing God is.
And yet…
I saw how weird God could be at times.
I know God much better than I did last year.. but there is still so much more that I do not understand!
I went for Hillsong Europe Conference – a dream come true.
I had a glimpse of what heavenly worship would be.
I had a chance to imagine how beautiful the Garden of Eden was.

I made new friends.
And had to painfully learn that not all are who they portray themselves to be – positive or negative.

My dad released his own autobiography.
My brother was given an opportunity to work in Kuwait.
I saw myself in national newspapers more than once.

I also had the most trips to the clinic thanks to TARC and ACCA.
I put on weight.
I had to reinvent myself due to certain circumstances.
I discovered that things don’t always run smoothly, especially when there is a fusion of different characters and personalities.
I got (and still am) increasingly frustrated with my own flaws.
I realised that EVERYONE is hypocritical… including me.
My dog Fibi got fatter.
I am broke.
I had to keep a secret all to myself.. even though it was… is… tearing me apart.
I learnt that not all guys are sincere nor do all guys have noble intentions.
I had more breakouts.
I had to learn to let go of the past, to embrace the present, and to welcome the future.

All in all,
2008 has been a fantastic year.
I’ve done so much.. more than I could have dreamed of.

Indeed, God has blessed me and my family in so many ways.
I feel that in 2008, God has mould me in different aspects.

Spirit. Emotion. Relationship. Finance. Academic. Faith. Trust. Love. Loyalty. Obedience. Friendship. Strength. Meekness. Prayer.

Thank you Lord for all that You’ve done for me and my family this year! Thank you for providing and doors. Thank you for granting my family favour. You deserve all glory and honour. Whatever I have and who I am is truly because of what You have blessed me with. You are Jehovah Jireh*, Jehovah Rohi*, Jehovah Shammah*, Jehovah Nissi*
and Jehovah Shallom*!"

Ephesians 3:20
Glory belongs to God, whose power is at work in us. By this power he can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine. (God’s Word Translation)

* Jehovah Jireh - The Lord my Provider
* Jehovah Rohi - The Lord my Shepherd
* Jehovah Shammah - The Lord who is Present
* Jehovah Nissi - The Lord my Banner
* Jehovah Shalom - The Lord is Peace
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

No comments:

 
Copyright © Woof-Roof-Poof!