Sunday, July 26, 2009

Frustration

This is going to be another whiny post.

During my studies for ACCA, i was rather miserable.
Cos I felt that I was not enjoying my life.
Constant stress.
Lack of sleep.
Lack of food.
Lack of rest.
Gave up a lot of things - social life, movies, hanging out, tv, sleep, dates, internet.
Almost everything.
All my time and attention just to study so that I wouldn't fail.
I kept thinking "It would be all over once I finish ACCA. Then i can have the life i've always wanted".
Actually, I think i said the same thing during SPM...then STPM.
The cycle repeated at ACCA.
Now I've finished ACCA.. by the grace of God who somehow pulled me through.
Even when I gave up, He never did.
But I see the same cycle repeating.
At work.
Having to give up many things again.
Just to work.
It makes me think "Is this what I want in life?"
I don't want to waste my youth away.
Yet, if I don't strive for something, I feel meaningless.
So, it's an internal struggle again.
I know that if i settle for a simpler job with lower pay, I will be envious of my more successful friend.
But I do long for a simple life.
Maybe i'm just tired now.
Dad keeps warning me not to get burnt out.
But I feel burnt out.
Maybe cos I push myself too hard.
Keep expecting too much out of myself.
I'm so afraid that my life is slipping out of my hands.

Last Sunday, i treated myself to breakfast at Old Town before coming in for breakfast.
On the tv, there were snippets of wise sayings.
Let me paraphrase one of it.
"Life is like a coin. Don't let someone else spend it for you"
Got me thinking.
Am i letting others dictate how i should live?
I want to enjoy life as how God made it to be.

Oh God... I need you.
Jesus, sweet Jesus, I need you so much.

Bex
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

cheng yee said...

Hey Bex,
Are you alright? I heard news about you transferring to other teams in Sept. I just hope that God will show you the way soon. I'm sure it's really peak now. Do take care of yourself, dear! Hang in there! Will remember you in prayer. Take care!

Bex said...

Hey..

Yea.. it's peak peak peak!!
But still, God is good. :)

Eh, how you know i will be transferred out soon? Still keeping in touch with the "K" news eh? And i'm sure you know who's team i'll be joining. Sigh.

So.. all ready for your trip?

cheng yee said...

Saw your latest entry to your blog - glad and relieved!=)

Yeah, I do keep in touch with what's happening there. I wasn't shock to know that they are transferring you 'there'. I know you are one strong girl. =)

I'm pretty much ready to go. =) I couldn't believe it's just another 16 days away. sigh... anyways, how's your ear? still hear the 'dut dut' sound? take care, gir!

 
Copyright © Woof-Roof-Poof!