Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Strange

I was sitting quietly doing my work.
A lady approached me.

"Are you Rebecca?"
"Yes"
"I saw you in the papers."
"Er... yea.. *smiles*"
"I thought you looked familiar. How come you are the only one with a studio shot? *quite serious tone*'
"Oh..i was in UK then. So i couldnt come back for the photo shoot with ACCA. Thus, i had to email them whatever I had"
"Oh... *looks at me like i'm crazy* I was wondering if this girl was trying to be an ACCA achiever or a model...."
"*giggles nervously* er...trying to be a model kua..."
(was thinking : what's wrong with this woman? i want to send nice pic i send la. you got problem is it?)
"Why you working here at K* firm? All the other top achievers are either in E* or P*!"
"*smiles* Cos K* is nearer to my house"
(was thinking: i want to work here you got problem is it? if you think K* firm is not good enough.. then you go to E* or P* la. why you want to stay here? i like the culture here ma. and K* is well-known for tax services ma. what's wrong with you! think i dumb dumb is it?)
"Oh..cos most top achievers won't chooses to come here at K*"
"*just smile at her absurdity*"
"*walks off after scrutinising her victim*"
"*smile*er...whats' your name?*smile*"
"i-think-i'm-too-good-for-this-firm chinese-name chinese-surname*"
"nice to meet you.. see ya!"

*Names have been changed.

Some people are just so inconsiderate!
I felt so annoyed by her response.
Nice picture means that person has no brains is it?
Achiever MUST work for the larger 2 firms is it?
Work here means downgraded is it?
Ssshh...

Maybe i'm just sensitive.
I don't deny it... i am sensitive!
I worked hard for it.
It's not like it fell from the sky ok!
I'm proud of what God has blessed me with!
And don't you dare make me feel like I don't derserve it.

It wasn't the way she said it but more of her tone.

Sshh...

Anyways... that ACCA thing is old newspaper story already!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Anna Tan said...

eh. why you stalk my tabulas.
So where are you at? KP KL? Tax?

Bex said...

Anna..

Yea, i'm in KP KL.
Corporate taxation.
For now i'm in the beginner's pool.

I should email you using the company's intranet..
then we can chat..

 
Copyright © Woof-Roof-Poof!