Monday, June 29, 2009

Claustophobic?

So I spent a night in the hospital.
I expected it to be a relaxing 2 days where I can catch up on my reading.
Or perhaps organise all my photos from Sheffield which I took a YEAR ago and have not been touched ever since I returned to Malaysia.
Or perhaps listen to the sermon that Cheng Yee gave me.
Nopes.
None of that happened.

Reached the hospital at 8.15am.
Went to my room by 8.30am.
Waited for the nurses to take me down to the radiology department for my scan.
That's when my nightmare began.

Had to change it a gown.. which I couldn't figure out how to tie.
I asked the nurse for assistance.
Her answer "dear...just tie it in anyway. as long as you are confortable and it doesn't fall off".
So.. i just looped the it around.
Felt like a nun.

Then came the MRI.
She pushed me into the machine and told me not to move.
Actually I didn't have any space to move.
My head was cushioned at the sides giving me no space to move.
30 minutes only she said.

How hard can that be right>
Just close my eyes and sleep.
Dont' move? no problem!

So wrong!
After 10 mins, I was starting to fidget.
The machine had noises and they were just giving me a headache.
I was so tempted to press the emergency button cos I couldn't take it.
I had to force myself to think of highlands...parks... beach.
The more I forced myself to think, the more painful my head.
And then my stomach began to feel queasy.
Not good.
A little more.
Just hang it there.
Think of Solomon.
Think of Bobby.

Finally, I couldn't take it.
I was about to press the button to call the technician when I heard to door open!
Phew!
Relief!

Changed into my clothes and hurriedly walked back to my ward.
And then the vomitting began.
A total of 3 times.
Nauseous the whole day until 11pm when I tried to sleep.
When I finally dosed off, there was this man who was screaming at the top of his lungs.
Arguing with every single nurse.
And the nurses were shouting at him in return.
Somehow, I managed to doze off.
Only to be woken up every 2 hours by the nurses to check for body temperature and blood pressure.
I'm fine!
I'm not sick!
I'm only here so that my insurance would pay for my expenses!
Bah!

So...after all that pain and aguish, I've got good and bad news.
MRI shows a perfectly normal vascular system.
that means nothing wrong with my blood vessels.
One possible cause ruled out.

Doc said maybe it's my sinus blockage.
Did a second nose scope.
Nopes...not that.

At this point, he said "I honestly do not know what is wrong with you".
"Take some valium at night so you can rest.
I'll give you MC for a week. Just take a break. Are you stressed?"
Me : NO! I have very good stress management... (I think!).
Doc : Come back next week and let's see if you still hear them. Try ignoring it. Our brains are very powerful. It exaggerates.
Me : Ok..

So.. yea.. going back next week.
I still hear the sounds.
Sometimes even in the office.
It's more 'wooshing' now. Like wind in a cave.
Especially when I bend down.
And at nights.
But I've found an angle where I can sleep without hearing it.
It's just annoying to be greeted every morning by 'dut-dut... dut-dut'.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bobby's skin is getting better.
He's so adorable..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wathced Transformers.
2 times!
Entertaining.

bex
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

No comments:

 
Copyright © Woof-Roof-Poof!