Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday!

It's Friday!

Happy!


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

God works in very strange ways.
Or He likes eavesdropping into my THOUGHTS!
(Which I don't quite mind.. well, unless i'm thinking not-your-average-clean-thoughts).

When Justin told me bout a mission trip to Sarawak 2 months ago, I had the inclination to go.
I just brushed it off.
Cos I will have classes then, I will have no money, I've already gone for the last mission trip to Thailand.
All kind of excuses la!

I was thinking bout it few days ago again.
Not heavy thinking.
But the thought would just pass by.
And it's like this nagging thing that you have.
But as usual, I brushed it off giving all kind of excuses.
(In retrospect, no wonder I decided not to continue studying - so that got more time and money to other things that matter more)

Yesterday, Justin just emailed me and asked if I wanted to go.
Out of the blue!

See, what struck me as strange is that I've not been telling anyone bout my toughts at all!

I still haven't given him my final answer.
Cos I'm pending Solomon's decision on whether he's taking me for holiday in August.
But I think God's hand is on this mission trip and He's paving a way for me to go.

God, you are so strange... but I love You for it!

bex

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After I wrote this post, I went to my daily devotion website (http://www.rbc.org/utmost/index.php).

And this is the devotion for the day!

The wind really was boisterous and the waves really were high, but Peter didn’t see them at first. He didn’t consider them at all; he simply recognized his Lord, stepped out in recognition of Him, and "walked on the water." Then he began to take those things around him into account, and instantly, down he went. Why couldn’t our Lord have enabled him to walk at the bottom of the waves, as well as on top of them? He could have, yet neither could be done without Peter’s continuing recognition of the Lord Jesus.

We step right out with recognition of God in some things, then self-consideration enters our lives and down we go. If you are truly recognizing your Lord, you have no business being concerned about how and where He engineers your circumstances. The things surrounding you are real, but when you look at them you are immediately overwhelmed, and even unable to recognize Jesus. Then comes His rebuke, ". . . why did you doubt?" (
Matthew 14:31 ). Let your actual circumstances be what they may, but keep recognizing Jesus, maintaining complete reliance upon Him.

If you debate for even one second when God has spoken, it is all over for you. Never start to say, "Well, I wonder if He really did speak to me?" Be reckless immediately— totally unrestrained and willing to risk everything— by casting your all upon Him. You do not know when His voice will come to you, but whenever the realization of God comes, even in the faintest way imaginable, be determined to recklessly abandon yourself, surrendering everything to Him. It is only through abandonment of yourself and your circumstances that you will recognize Him. You will only recognize His voice more clearly through recklessness— being willing to risk your all.


Faith.. even the slightest.
Not dismissing God even if it's the faintest.
Eh God, how you know I will be reading it today?
How did you know to place it there to coincide with my thoughts and small little struggle in trusting you!?
Seriously... God, you are strange...
But now.. I love you even more!

Bex
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

No comments:

 
Copyright © Woof-Roof-Poof!