Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sleep driving

On Monday, I drove home from work.
I stopped at a traffic light.
Looked around wondering what the sequence was.

The next thing i know, someone was blaring his honk at me.
Huh?

I'd fallen asleep on the wheel!

I looked ahead.
There was a huge gap between me and the front car.

That means, the car behind has been honking me for some time.

Sigh.

I've lost the stamina to drive at night.
As soon as i get into my car, fatigues steps in.

I blame this on Solo.
He pampers me too much.
When I was studying (or slogging), the only time i would actually get a good rest was in his car as he drives me for dinner.
I think my brain has programmed my body to sleep in the car.

It used to happen only at night.
But in recent weeks, I have to fight sleep even in the morning.

So far, thank God, nothing has happened.
There has been many near misses... but the angels are keeping me and my Lisa safe.

I need to work on my stamina.
This 'disease' is hindering my social life

Like yesteday, I had to turn Solomon's invitation down to go to TARC CF for fear that i would not be able to drive home later.

Solo is pretty much freaked out also.
Cos he stays on the line with me as i drive to accompany me.
And i'd be talking gibberish, scolding him for no reason or just screaming when i'm sleep driving.

Poor him..
But it's all his fault!!

Bex
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

No comments:

 
Copyright © Woof-Roof-Poof!